Job Title: Communications Specialist
Reports To: Executive Pastor
FLSA Status: Salaried, Exempt
Work Schedule: Part-Time (20 hrs.) to Full-Time (40+ hrs.) depending on experience and availability. Sundays are required.
Location: The Home Church, 1799 S. Winchester Blvd., Campbell, CA 95008
The Home Church is a vibrant, non-denominational, charismatic congregation in the heart of Silicon Valley, with a huge vision to reach our community and to impact our world!
We are looking for an enthusiastic Communication Specialist to drive our internal and external communications. The Communication Specialist will enhance communication systems already in place, and establish a marketing strategy and communication plan that is essential for the growth, health, and development of the church.
The role of the Communications Specialist includes strategic planning and leadership, ensuring that the church vision and culture is being communicated in every facet of our ministry.
Additionally, The Home Church has a significant ministry and outreach to the Campbell community, businesses, and city government. This position has a public relations element, at times serving as a liaison to these groups, and informing and engaging our congregation in volunteer support of key Campbell events.
- Consistently monitor and update the church’s website and social media accounts.
- Standardize messaging across all platforms: online, print, and in-person.
- Bridge the online to offline gap between all ministry initiatives.
- Create and implement branding and style guidelines & create messages in keeping with them.
- Educate staff and church leadership on communication or marketing issues and processes.
- Keep church members informed of official business, including services, meetings, building or staff changes, and outreach initiatives.
- Help the church see and celebrate the work God is doing.
- Provide people with points of connection to the church throughout the week.
- Make it easy for people to get the help and support they need from the pastoral staff or church body as a whole.
- Spur the people of God to good works by rallying volunteers for church-led ministry initiatives.
- Establish communication plans for sensitive issues like crisis communications, staff changes, or deaths.
- Inform people in the community about services the church offers.
- Create campaigns to attract more people to services and events.
- Study the audiences the church is trying to reach, and use that knowledge to recommend and implement outreach strategies.
- Create and implement a system for following up with first-time guests.
- Be the person who is always asking, “How can we make this experience better for someone who has never been to church?”.
- Born-again Christ-Follower with a vibrant and growing relationship with God.
- God-Honoring Lifestyle according to traditional Biblical standards of morality, sexuality, and relationships.
- Integrity, Humility, and Transparency.
- Proactive Self-Starter that functions well with minimal supervision.
- Team Player with a “can do” attitude.
- Detail Oriented with strong gifts in administration
- Time management and prioritization
- Excellent relational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication (samples will be requested)
- Presentation/Public speaking
- MS Office proficient
- Command of the English language
- Social media savvy
- Basic Web Design
- Layout and Graphic Design
- Photography and Videography
- Photo and Video-Editing Software
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish or Mandarin
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or Marketing disciplines preferred but not required
- Professional experience in the Communication and/or Marketing fields
- Professional Copywriting and Editing experience
- Public Speaking and Project Management experience is a plus
- Home Church membership and regular attendance is required for this position.
Please email your resumé and Job Application by using the “Submit” button below.